Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Introduction and a brief history.

My father is a lay minister and pastored a church for a brief time when I was a child and always shared the Word of God with me whenever I was curious about Christianity. As I grew older, I was exposed to the love of God and his power to transform the lives of people who were broken-spirited, hopeless, saddened, and hurt.

At the age of 12, I accepted Jesus Christ into my life as my savior, and my life has never been the same. Although I felt a "calling" to the ministry early in my Christian life, I found it difficult to adhere to the Christian lifestyle and rebelled against God's will in my life. Many people have referred to this rebellion as the "sin nature" that humans have been born into.

Recently, I had found my life unmanageable and I was filled with loneliness and desperation. I tried everything to fill the loneliness including increased alcohol consumption and compulsive gambling. The more I tried, the more miserable I had become. My finances were in ruin and my marriage was paying the price.

I came to the realization that if there was any hope of my having a “normal”, happy life, it would have to include and center on a relationship with God. So, I prayed a prayer of forgiveness and asked God to take control of my life. I also asked Him to lead me in the direction of His will.

Soon after, I began to have an incredible desire to study the Word of God and to actively seek His face. God had placed a “calling” on my life into the ministry and began to open doors in order for me to prepare myself for the evangelistic work that is about to begin.

He has provided me the opportunity and means to pursue a Master of Arts in Theological Studies through Liberty University online, and has also granted me patience and understanding to comprehend these academic studies. I plan on finishing my Master’s degree in the summer of 2010 and plan on attending commencement ceremonies in Lynchburg, VA.

I decided to start this blog at the urging of some friends so I could share my writings and experiences while attending Seminary. I hope my writings will provoke thought in your mind and you might find comfort in the words that are written. Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment