Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Latest Scoop

Well it's been a while since I've posted something but that doesn't mean nothing is going on. In fact, I've been really busy. I finished my first two classes (New Testament and Apologetics) with solid "B's". I was hoping to earn "A's" but according to Liberty Seminary an "A" is 94%-100% (pretty tough, but hey, it's graduate school). Oh well, I did my best and learned a lot.

I've started two more classes on 5/11/2009. They are "Sermon Preparation" and "Personal Evangelism" So far, both are awesome but require a lot of reading and writing. As a matter of fact, I just finished writing my first sermon and get to preach it on Wednesday, May 27, 2009. It's entitled Is Christian Sacrifice Doing "Without" or Living "Within"? and refers to Romans 12:1-2. I have to record it and send it to my instructor in Virginia to be graded on presentation, etc. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll post a link to the video once it's done. That reminds me, I'm thinking about buying a HD camcorder and recording some daily messages of inspiration and then posting it on YouTube. I hope to buy a website domain name very soon and create a website for "John Ellis Ministries". I think I might use RevEllis.com. What do ya think?

Also, I just finished reading a great book entitled Share Jesus Without Fear by William Fay. Awesome book! He also has an audio CD you can buy to accompany the book. The book is only $9.99 and is well worth it (you can get it at Amazon). I'm going to post my critique of it on here as well (another assignment I was required to do).

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. Keep an eye out for any new posts and feedback is always welcome. God bless you.

In His Name,
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment